2 Head Of Garlic
2 Large yellow Onions
2 Celery stalks
1/2 c. fresh parsley
2 TBS olive oil
1/2 tsb Dried Thyme
1 tsp Salt
8 c. Ice coldwater
- You want to have moderately large veggies and meat, although chopped stuff is still acceptable.
- Start by cutting the chicken in to 6 inch pieces ( you can also use chicken bone replaccing whole chicken Body)
- Cut the ends off 2 onions and discard. Save the skins for the stock. (onion and garlic skins add a nice brown color and rich of flavor.. Cut the onions in 1/8's.
- Cut the top off head of garlic and discard. Cut the head of garlic in half. Makesure to save the skins.
- Peel and cut the top of two carrots and cut in 2 inch pieces. Discard peel and top.
- Chop 1/2 c. fresh parsley including stems.
- Cut the leaves off 2 celery stalks and discard them, (celery leaves are verry bitter, they will only hurt your stock and broth) Cut the celery in 2 pieces..
- Add a tray of ice or 2 to your water addding very cold water is to your stock pulls out the fat from the bones and meats.
- Add 2 TBS olive oil to a large stock pot (8 quart) and turn the burner on medium high.
- After it heats up add the chicken, onions and garlic. Cover and saute for 6-10minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the Ice cold water and stir.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Turn the burner on high until it start to boil then reduces the heatto low simmer. you want 1 to 2 bubbles persecond or close to that. this keep your stock getting clouded . This way will make a nice clean looking stock.
- Continue simmering up to 2 - 4 hours and stirring occasionally.
- Taste test it and it its not to ur likings then simmer it down more till it is.
Finishing Off Your Homemade Stock Recipe
Place a fine mesh sieve or a colander lined with a cheese cloth over a large bowl or pot. Now spoon the solids out of the stock and place them in the sieve. gently press down on them with the back of large spoon to release the rich juice from the solid.. after that discard the solid
Now emerse the container thar the stock is in. you can place the stock in a smaller container and freeze it in the refrigerator . u can use the stock whenever you want to make a dish...
Enjoy making your own chicken stock.. have a try.......